ASCENSION PARISH, LA (WAFB) - Ascension Parish President Tommy Martinez announced Monday the schedule for storm debris pick up in the parish.
Officials say the debris must be placed at the street right-of-way and should not block the roadway.
Debris should not be placed in ditches or near mailboxes, fire hydrants, electrical power lines, telephone pedestals or gas meters. Any debris that is placed farther than 10 feet from the street or curb, which is considered on private property, will not be picked up.
Debris piles that are either too large or can be picked up by hand will be given to crews handling those types of debris and picked up the following.
Rick Webre, the director of the Ascension Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said a public drop off point will also be established and announced later in the week. The drop off site will be for Ascension Parish residents only and contractors or other commercial vendors will not be allowed to use it.
For more information about debris removal and scheduling, people can call the Ascension Parish Department of Public Works at (225) 450-1300.
The parish's debris removal schedule is as follows:
Zone 1 North West Crew 1
- All streets west of I-10 starting at south end of 928 and working north to Perkins.
- All streets north along Perkins to Old Jefferson Highway.
- All streets south along Perkins to Old Jefferson Highway
Zone 2 North East Crew 2
- All streets north along 42 to 431.
- All streets east along 431 to 931.
- All streets south of intersection of 431/931
Zone 3 South West Crew 3
- All streets on 943.
- All streets on 944 to 1
- All streets on 405 from 1 to parish line.
- All streets on 308 to 945.
Zone 4 South East Crew 4
- All streets south of I-10 to 22.
- All streets south of I-10 from 22 to 44.
- All street along 22 from I-10 to 61 (Sorrento)