BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Mayor Kip Holden confirmed the Miss USA pageant will be returning to Baton Rouge this summer. This will make the second year in a row the Miss USA pageant will be hosted by Baton Rouge.
"Last year we competed against Las Vegas and won. This year because of the experience they had last year they called Baton Rouge and said how would like to host this event again," said Holden.
Last month, The Mayor's office asked the Metro Council to appropriate $230 thousand for expenses related to this year's pageant. The council voted unanimously to approve the request at its meeting Wednesday. Councilmen Ryan Heck and Chandler Loupe were absent from the vote.
Stay with WAFB and wafb.com for details on the event.