Mayor Kip Holden announces Miss USA will return to Baton Rouge t - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Mayor Kip Holden announces Miss USA will return to Baton Rouge this year

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
Mayor Kip Holden announces Miss USA will return to Baton Rouge in 2015 (Source: WAFB) Mayor Kip Holden announces Miss USA will return to Baton Rouge in 2015 (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Mayor Kip Holden confirmed the Miss USA pageant will be returning to Baton Rouge this summer. This will make the second year in a row the Miss USA pageant will be hosted by Baton Rouge.

The 2014 Miss USA pageant took place before a sold-out crowd at the Baton Rouge River Center. It aired live on NBC and around 70 countries saw the broadcast, according to the Baton Rouge Business Report. 

"Last year we competed against Las Vegas and won. This year because of the experience they had last year they called Baton Rouge and said how would like to host this event again," said Holden.

Last month, The Mayor's office asked the Metro Council to appropriate $230 thousand for expenses related to this year's pageant. The council voted unanimously to approve the request at its meeting Wednesday. Councilmen Ryan Heck and Chandler Loupe were absent from the vote.

Stay with WAFB and wafb.com for details on the event.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly