BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A man accused of firing shots inside a club and injuring two people was arrested on an attempted murder charge.
Ray Lucas Jr., 34, of Baton Rouge, was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on charges of attempted first-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon. His bond was set at $165,000.
According to the warrant issued for his arrest, the shooting happened at the Duck Off Lounge on North Foster Drive on February 28. Investigators reported one victim was shot in the stomach and the other in the back.
The arrest warrant stated Lucas got into "some type of altercation" in the club and was kicked out. Officials said he then went to his car and grabbed a pistol.
Lucas is accused of going back to the club and firing shots inside when the exit door opened.
Authorities said he has been convicted of illegal use of a weapon or dangerous instrumentality in the past. He has been previously arrested on the following charges:
Attempted second-degree murder
Aggravated criminal damage to property
Unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling
Fraud by wire
The investigation is ongoing.