Investigators blame apartment fire on overloaded circuit - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Investigators blame apartment fire on overloaded circuit

Source: Ben Gauthier/WAFB Source: Ben Gauthier/WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Fire officials said everyone made it safely out of an apartment fire Tuesday night.

The St. George Fire Department reported it happened in the upstairs apartment of a fourplex on Keel Avenue in the Gardere area around 9:30 p.m.

Fire investigators said they believe the fire was caused by an "electrical overload" in one of the bedrooms.

Officials said that happens when too many devices are plugged into one circuit.

Fortunately, firefighters were able to get a handle on the flames quickly and contain it to one room.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly