Investigators blame apartment fire near LSU on faulty outlet - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Investigators blame apartment fire near LSU on faulty outlet

Source: WAFB Source: WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Investigators said the fire at an apartment complex near the LSU campus Wednesday morning was caused by an electrical malfunction in a wall outlet.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it started in the kitchen of a single unit at the Gates at Brightside complex on Brightside Lane. Firefighters said the first call was just before 9 a.m.

According to Curt Monte with BRFD, firemen quickly put out the flames before they spread to other units, but the apartment had water and smoke damage.

No one was home when the fire broke out except a family dog.

Firefighters said they were able to save the pet by giving it enough oxygen to get back on its feet.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly