Officials: Faulty bathroom heater sparks two alarm apartment fir - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Officials: Faulty bathroom heater sparks two alarm apartment fire

This fire cost $95,000 in damages (Source: Baton Rouge Fire Department) This fire cost $95,000 in damages (Source: Baton Rouge Fire Department)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Baton Rouge Police Department says that a faulty bathroom heater was the source of a two alarm apartment fire that cost $95,000 in damages.

The fire happened at the Broadmoor Plantation Apartments on Florida Boulevard at about 1:30 p.m.

Firefighters arriving on the scene learned that the fire was in the bathroom area of a downstairs apartment. When they made contact with the fire, they saw that it spread into an upstairs unit, and from there they noted that the fire spread to the attic.

According to the BRFD, the fire took about 40 minutes to put out.

Copyright WAFB 2015. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly