BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a single-alarm house fire on Wiltz Drive Tuesday afternoon.
When firefighters arrived, they noticed fire coming from the back of the house that spread to the attic above. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in under 20 minutes.
The BRFD says that it was an accidental fire caused by the house's owner. The owner allegedly lit a candle and threw the match into the trash without blowing it out. According to estimates, the fire caused about $30,000 dollars in damage to the building and the property inside.