Investigators: Faulty heating unit sparks apartment fire on LSU - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Investigators: Faulty heating unit sparks apartment fire on LSU campus

Source: WAFB Source: WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Firefighters responded to a fire at an apartment complex on the LSU campus that investigators said was caused by a faulty heating unit.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported the fire happened at the Edward Gay Apartments.

Mark Miles with BRFD said the fire was contained to one unit. He added no one was at the apartment when the fire started.

According to Miles, firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames, leaving the apartment with some smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported and no other units were damaged.

Copyright 2015 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly