House fire leaves man dead - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

House fire leaves man dead

Deadly fire on Myrtle Street (Source: BRFD) Deadly fire on Myrtle Street (Source: BRFD)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Authorities are trying to determine the cause of a deadly blaze Tuesday morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department said it happened at a home on Myrtle Street around 2:30 a.m. Officials said flames were seen shooting from the front and both sides of the home.

Once inside, the firemen discovered a dead man inside of the residence. The coroner performed an autopsy and reported the official cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning (smoke inhalation).

The house had heavy fire and smoke damage. 

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

Copyright WAFB 2014. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly