BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Investigators said a fire that was lit in a fireplace on Christmas Eve spread into the attic by morning.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said it happened at a home on Camelia Avenue off Park Boulevard. Firefighters said they got the call a little after 7 a.m.
Curt Monte with BRFD said it took firefighters less than an hour to get the fire under control. He added they prevented the flames from spreading.
According to authorities, the homeowners said they burned a fire before going to bed and the fire was out but when they woke Christmas morning, flames were shooting out of the chimney and parts of the roof.
No injuries were reported.