Electrical short sparks house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Electrical short sparks house fire

Source: Byron Thomas/WAFB Source: Byron Thomas/WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Investigators said an electrical short in a light switch started a house fire Tuesday evening.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened on North 39th Street near Zion Street. Firefighters said they received the call around 6:30 p.m.

Curt Monte with BRFD said the flames went up a wall of the kitchen and into the attic, where most of the heavy fire and heat damage was done.

He added smoke and water caused damage to the rest of the home.

The Red Cross responded to help the family of five.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly