Vacuum causes apartment fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Vacuum causes apartment fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Baton Rouge Firefighters say a vacuum caused an apartment fire Friday evening. The fire took place in the 5100 block of Highland Road at the Plantation Trace Apartments, just before 7:30 pm.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. When firefighters arrived on the scene they found the owners of the apartment trying to put out the fire. The owners say they left the apartment for a short while and when they returned the vacuum cleaner they were using was on fire. They then got a fire extinguisher and began spraying it on the fire. Firefighters relieved the owners once they arrived and were able to bring the fire under control.

The building suffered very little smoke or fire damage. Red Cross was called to the scene to assist.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.


 
Powered by Frankly