BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A house suffered approximately $100,000 worth of damage after it caught fire Friday morning.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the incident happened at around 11:16 am at a house located 827 Castlewood.
Fire investigators say flames broke out in the kitchen of the home after a pot was left on the stove unattended. Areas of the kitchen and the attic were burning when firefighters arrived.
The house received heavy heat, smoke, and water damage. Fire detectives say neighbors believed that the residents were home at the time of the incident, but no one was found in the home.
No injuries were reported.