Bourbon Street shooting suspect pleads not guilty - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Bourbon Street shooting suspect pleads not guilty

Updated:
Trung Le Trung Le
NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) -

Trung Le, the only suspect arrested in the deadly Bourbon Street mass shooting on June 29, has pleaded not guilty.

Le, now 21, was arrested on July 4 and initially charged with murder and nine counts of attempted murder.

However, on Thursday he was indicted on lesser charges. A grand jury indicted Le for manslaughter in the death of 21-year-old Brittany Thomas and the attempted murder of an unknown man. Additional charges are still possible.

The attorney for the Bourbon Street shooting suspect said Friday that even though his client was indicted on lesser charges, he's not satisfied. Attorney Martin Regan said Le is innocent and was only acting in self-defense on June 29, the night one person was killed and nine others were injured.

Le plead not guilty to both charges on Wednesday at his arraignment.

He is the only person arrested so far in the shooting. He has been held without bond.

Copyright 2014 WVUE. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow