Electrical short causes early morning house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Electrical short causes early morning house fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Baton Rouge firefighters say an electrical short is the cause for a house fire early Sunday morning.  The fire happened in the 2700 block of Ontario Street just after 3:30 am.

Firefighters arrived on the scene to find fire coming from through the roof at the rear of the home. It was determined that the fire started in a room that was closed in toward the back of the house.  There was no one living in the home at the time. The homeowner recently passed away and construction was being done on the house.

Most of the fire was contained to the rear of the home but the house did receive heavy smoke damage.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Powered by Frankly