BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Juvenile Underage Drinking Enforcement officers raided The House, a Baton Rouge bar in the 1000 block of Bob Pettit on May 2, 2014.
The raid was a result of numerous complaints on bars in the Tigerland area involving underage drinking.
The Baton Rouge Police Department and the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office arrested 16 underage drinkers, issued 19 summons and also issued 19 Alcohol Beverage Control violations.
The charges of the underage drinkers were: purchase and public possession of alcoholic beverages by persons under 21 years of age, misrepresentation of age to obtain alcoholic beverages, or picture ID required for entrance to a licensed alcoholic beverage outlet.
The ABC violations are:
- 1 (ct) Allow under age persons on the premises (17 year old)
- 9 (cts) Allow persons under the age of twenty-one to possess or consume alcohol on the licensed premises
- 7 (cts) Failure to check for lawful identification (5 had no ID, 2 had fake ID's)
- 1 (ct) Any person selling or distributing alcoholic beverages to persons eighteen, nineteen or twenty. (ABC summons issued to bartender)
- 1 (ct) Any violation selling or distributing alcoholic beverages to persons eighteen, nineteen, or twenty on the licensed premises. (ABC summons issued to business)
19 Summons issued (18 violations)