INGREDIENTS for NEW ORLEANS CREAM SAUCE
1qt-heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup-onions, finely chopped
1 tsp-chopped garlic
1 tsp-chicken base
1/4 tsp-red pepper
1 tsp-white pepper
1 tsp-garlic powder
- Heat milk and heavy cream in a large pot. DO NOT BOIL.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onions and garlic
- Add seasonings and mix well.
- Add flour to make roux. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat
- Using a wire whip, add roux to the milk and cream mixture. Continue to whisk until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Yields: 1/2 gallon
INGREDIENTS for SEAFOOD-TASSO PASTA SAUCE
1 1/2 tsp-chopped garlic
8 oz-tasso, julienne 1/8 inch cut
12 oz- New Orleans cream sauce
2 tsp-R&K seasoning mix
- Place butter in pan over medium heat until one half melted
- Sauté garlic for 2 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add tasso and brown over high heat 4-6 minutes, stirring often until tasso starts to stick to bottom of pan. Scrape pan with a spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and add New Orleans cream sauce. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat
Yield: 3/4 gallon
INGREDIENTS for SEAFOOD TASSO PASTA
2 tsp-sliced green onions
garnish-sprig parsley, paprika