Unattended pot causes house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Unattended pot causes house fire

Posted:

Baton Rouge firefighters say a pot left on a stove is the cause of a house fire that took place early Sunday morning.  The fire happened in the 4800 block of Longfellow Ave. just before 5:00 am.

When firefighters arrived on the scene the kitchen of the home was engulfed in flames.  The residents were able to escape the fire without injury. Firefighters were able to save the family dog as well.

Officials say the fire damage was contained to the kitchen area, the rest of the home received smoke damage.  Red Cross was called out to assist the family.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow