BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The zombie apocalypse has begun and the undead have their sights on Baton Rouge.
Mayor Kip Holden welcomed The Walking Dead Escape to the Capital City Tuesday morning.
He delivered a special message at the River Center, which will house the unique fan event on April 24.
Holden said the course has the ability to thrill and captivate fans like nothing the city has seen before. The course allows fans to participate as "Walkers" or "Survivors" as they climb, crawl, and slide their way through various zombie-infected evacuation zones. Those lucky enough to make it to the decontamination zone will have their level of infection assessed and then participate in the event's Fan Experience.
Those participating as "Walkers" will be transformed into the undead by professional makeup artist, and they'll receive "zombie training" prior to their release on the course.
The tour will visit eight cities:
- Baton Rouge, LA - April 24 at The River Center Arena
- Houtson, TX - April 26 at Reliant Stadium
- Miami, FL - May 3 at Sun Life Stadium
- Jacksonville, FL - May 17 at EverBank Field
- New Orleans, LA - May 24 at Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Atlanta, GA - May 31 at Philips Arena
- San Diego, CA - July 25 and July 26 at Petco Park surrounding Comic Con 2014
Additional tour dates will be announced in the near future. Tickets can be purchased by going to www.thewalkingdeadescape.com or www.tickets.com.