Investigators blame water heater malfunction for duplex fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Investigators blame water heater malfunction for duplex fire

Posted: Updated:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Fire investigators said a problem with a water heater led to a fire at a duplex Wednesday night.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened in the 2400 block of Hundred Oaks Avenue around 10 p.m.

Curt Monte with BRFD said firefighters were able to keep the flames contained to the bedroom and bathroom in one of the units. The rest of the unit had heavy smoke and heat damage.

Officials said the person living there was not home at the time and the other unit was vacant.

The Red Cross responded to assist the victim.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow