(Veal Cutlet with a demiglaze cream & mushroom sauce.)
Wednesday, October 27, 2004
2 5 oz veal cutlets
4 oz all-purpose flour
4 pinches salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 oz. butter
4 oz. large button mushrooms
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 oz. Calvados brandy -– for deglazing & caramelization
3 oz. veal demiglaze (concentrated veal sauce)
2 oz heavy whipping cream
- Masticate the Veal Cutlets with a masticator “tenderizing hammer”.
- Salt & pepper the veal cutlets.
- Gently press the veal cutlets into the flour & dust off the excess.
- Melt butter in a sauté’ pan until lightly brown, and then reduce fire to low.
- Add cutlets to the butter & sear on each side, don’t overcook.
- Remove the cutlets & plate up on a warm plate.
- Add mushrooms and cracked black pepper, then deglaze the pan with the Calvados brandy.
- Add the Veal demiglaze & stir, then add the heavy cream & stir until blended.
- Serve on top or next to your veal cutlets with some attractive sides of your choice.