Faulty wire in space heater caused fire that destroyed home - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Faulty wire in space heater caused fire that destroyed home

Posted: Updated:
GEISMAR, LA (WAFB) -

A family is picking up the pieces after a fire destroyed their home Friday morning.

The Sorrento Fire Department was called to a home in the 12000 block of Deck Blvd. in Geismar, LA around 9:30 a.m.

Officials say the cause of the fire is a bad wire in a space heater.

Linda Sanchez lived in the home with her 33-year-old daughter and 4 month old granddaughter.

Everything they had was destroyed by the fire.

Family members tell WAFB that an account is being set up at MidSouth Bank for monetary donations, but any items donated will help.

Linda wears a size 5 in pants, a medium shirt and a 6.5 to 7 in shoes. Her daughter, Delores wears a medium sized shirt and a size 7 in pants, and a size 8 in shoes.

Alyssa, the 4 month old, is a 3-6 months in clothes, and a size 2 in diapers. She is also colic and needs Enfamil Gentlese.

Donations can be dropped off at 12328 Deck Blvd., Geismar, La. 70734.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow