Firefighters blame space heater for house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters blame space heater for house fire

Posted: Updated:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Investigators said the misuse of a space heater caused a house fire Thursday morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported a home in the 5200 block of Cadillac Street caught fire around 9:30 a.m.

The two people inside at the time safely escaped.

Firefighters said the living room was engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene.

They added the fire was contained to the living room, but the rest of the home had heavy smoke and water damage.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow