Lumber company warehouse caught fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - About $10,000 dollars in damage was done to a building that belonged to a lumber company in Baton Rouge.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department,  a fire alarm went off at Schroeder Lumber, and firefighters arrived on scene to discover heavy smoke rising from the building. Fire detectives said the fire was caused by an "electrical malfunction in the warehouse."

Some stacks of lumber and some equipment was ablaze when firefighters entered the building, but the fire was contained quickly and did not spread to any other area. Fire investigators believe that an over-loaded power cord was the source of the fire.

The owners of the building were contacted and they stated they would still be open for business thanks to the BRFD's quick response and attention to the incident.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.