Fire officials say an early morning fire in Caddo Parish has taken the lives of two Keithville residents. The fire started just before 4:00 am Saturday morning at a home located in the 11800 block of Sparks-Davis Road.
When firefighters arrived on the scene they saw heavy smoke and flames billowing from the home. After the fire was extinguished the bodies of two individuals were found. The victims were identified as Henry Patton, Jr., 46, and Tina Lavergne, 47. They were found in two separate bedrooms in the home and appeared to have been asleep when the fire started.
It is believed that the fire originated in the living room, on or near a sofa. It remains under investigation.