Tuesday morning fire destroys home in central Lubbock - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Tuesday morning fire destroys home in central Lubbock

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

A fire destroyed a home in central Lubbock early Tuesday morning.

Lubbock Fire Rescue responded to the blaze at 1615 23rd Street around 2:10 a.m. 

The home was fully engulfed in flames upon arrival. 

Officials say the fire was declared under control around 3:25 a.m. 

No injuries were reported. 

Officials say that an unattended candle in the living room was the cause of the fire. 

The Salvation Army is assisting the occupant of the home. 

Copyright 2013 KCBD. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly