BRFD: House fire starts in or around clothes dryer - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

BRFD: House fire starts in or around clothes dryer


Investigators have not determined how a fire started at a home Monday night, but they have an idea where it sparked.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported the fire happened at a house on North 49th Street south of Gus Young Avenue around 8:15 p.m.

Firefighters said they believe it started in or around a dryer that was being used.

According to firemen, the two people who live there were on the porch when they smelled smoke.

Fire investigators said the pair found the fire near the back of the home and called the fire department.

Firefighters kept the flames from spreading beyond the back of the house, but smoke and heat caused damage to the rest of the home.

The American Red Cross was called to help out the residents.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly