Space heater blamed for Madison Ave. house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Space heater blamed for Madison Ave. house fire

Posted: Updated:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

A home on Madison Ave. was badly damaged Thursday afternoon by a fire.

Investigators say the fire was caused by a space heater left too close to furniture.

The fire started in the living area of the home and spread to the porch.  The fire was contained to the front of the home, but the rest of it sustained smoke and heat damage.

No injuries were reported.

A resident of the home told firefighters that the heater had been left turned on inside the home.

The Red Cross was called to assist the residents.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow