Krawdaddy's in Port Allen destroyed by fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Krawdaddy's in Port Allen destroyed by fire

Posted: Updated:
Fire department called back to Krawdaddy's Monday morning Fire department called back to Krawdaddy's Monday morning
PORT ALLEN, LA (WAFB) -

Crews from at least five area fire departments battled a massive blaze at Krawdaddy's in Port Allen Sunday. The business - which houses a restaurant, casino and gas station - caught fire around 12:45 p.m. The building is considered a 95 percent loss.

Lobdell Volunteer Fire Dept. Chief Timothy Crockett said it appears the fire started in the kitchen area while employees were cooking. From there it spread out of control, he said. 

The Baton Rouge Fire Department was among the responding agencies. It took firefighters about 45 minutes to get the flames under control, Crockett said. The fire was completely extinguished around 5 p.m.. 

A gas line feeding the building had to be crimped in two places by WBR Utilities employees.  

No injuries were reported, and all of the employees and customers were able to make it out of the building safely.

This story will be updated with more information as it becomes available. 

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow