Fire causes smoke damage in Huey P. Long Fieldhouse - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Fire causes smoke damage in Huey P. Long Fieldhouse

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

A skylight in the Huey P. Long Fieldhouse caught fire Thursday afternoon on the LSU campus.

Investigators say a roofing crew was covering the skylight, which involved the use of a torch, which ignited wood portions of the skylight.

The fire was contained to the HVAC room beneath the skylight, but the HVAC system blew smoke throughout the building.

Damage is estimated at $75,000.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly