The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum has announced that five former Reds players will appear on the Modern Player Ballot for induction into the Reds Hall of Fame in 2014.
The Modern Player Candidates are:
• Jeff Brantley, P (1994 - 1997)
• John Franco, P (1984 - 1989)
• Danny Graves, P (1997 - 2005)
• Ken Griffey, Jr., OF (2000 - 2008)
• Reggie Sanders, OF (1991 - 1998)
To be eligible for consideration, players have to meet the following requirements:
• Appeared in at least three seasons with the Reds
• Played within the last 13 seasons in a Major League game
• Be in at least their third year since last appearing in a Major League game
The five players were nominated by the Hall of Fame's Election Governance Committee.
Fans may cast ballots August 1-31 online at www.RedsMuseum.org or at ballot boxes located at:
• Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Over 20 locations at Great American Ball Park
• Reds Hall of Fame Grille at Kings Island
The Modern Player inductee will be selected by votes from fans, media and alumni and will be honored as part of the Reds Hall of Fame's Class of 2014.
The Reds Hall of Fame Veterans Committee will consider eligible candidates from before 2001 as part of the Veterans Ballot. Together, the Modern Player Ballot and Veterans Ballot results will comprise the 2014 Induction Class to be announced later this year.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.