Free dog boarding, grooming offered for fire evacuees - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Free dog boarding, grooming offered for fire evacuees

Smoke and flames rise from Mt. Charleston as the sun tries to shine through the haze on July 4, 2013. (FOX5) Smoke and flames rise from Mt. Charleston as the sun tries to shine through the haze on July 4, 2013. (FOX5)

Nathalie's Thrifty Pet, located at 2550 E. Windmill Ln. in Henderson, is offering free boarding and baths for dogs to any Mount Charleston residents evacuated because of the Carpenter 1 fire.

The boutique frequently works with rescue groups and typically has between five and 15 rescued dogs at any given time in the shop.

For more information, call 702-565-6800 or visit www.thriftypetlasvegas.com.

In addition, Bonnie Springs Ranch told FOX5 that they are offering free boarding for large animals, like horses or cattle, that may be in the path of the blaze. Owners should call 702-875-4400 for more information.

Henderson Saddle Association said it has room to house up to 30 horses as well as cattle. For more information, call 702-308-5186.

Copyright 2013 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly