Easy and picture-perfect tropical decadence with seasonal fruit.
Makes 12 servings
1 (16.5-ounce) roll refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
1/3 cup sugar
1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
1 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
1/2 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 cup jarred or fresh mango slices, drained
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice
2 tablespoons coconut, toasted, optional
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat 12-14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Press cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes, cool.
3. In mixing bowl, blend together sugar, cream cheese, coconut extract until well mixed. Stir in orange rind and whipped topping, mixing until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust.
4. Arrange strawberries slices around edge of pizza. Next, arrange ring of mandarin orange segments around edge. Then, arrange pineapple chunks in another ring and then mango slices inside to fill center of pizza.
5. In microwave-safe dish, microwave apricot preserves and orange liqueur just until blended. Spoon glaze over fruit. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Terrific Tidbit: Go ahead and grate more orange rind than you'll need for the recipe—you can grate a whole orange or lemon and freeze the rind until needed.