Electrical problem sparks fire at pizza place - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Electrical problem sparks fire at pizza place

Source: Central Fire Department Source: Central Fire Department
CENTRAL, LA (WAFB) -

Investigators said an electrical problem caused a fire at a restaurant late Monday night.

The Central Fire Department said the fire sparked at Zoe's Pizza on Greenwell Springs Road just after 11 p.m.

Firefighters said they were able to get the fire under control in 20 minutes.

They determined the fire started on the buffet line due to an electrical malfunction in the counter.

Officials said the fire caused heat and smoke damage about halfway down the walls of the building.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly