Two in hospital after Prairieville house fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Two in hospital after Prairieville house fire

Posted:
PRAIRIEVILLE, LA (WAFB) -

A man and his grandson have been taken to the hospital after a fire broke out at their home in Prairieville.  The fire happened early Sunday morning in the 15000 block of Beau Jon Avenue around 6:30 am.

A friend of the family told our 9NEWS crew that the man and his 16-yr-old grandson were asleep in the house when the fire started in the attic. The man was able to escape the house through a side window, his grandson was found unconscious in a hallway outside of his bedroom door. CPR was administered and medics were able to revive him.

Both were taken to a hospital, the grandfather is expected to be okay but the condition of the grandson is unknown.  We will have more information on this story as it becomes available.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow