BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A Baton Rouge family has been displaced after a house fire late Saturday night. The fire happened just before 10:30 pm in the 2800 block of Bartlett Street.
Firefighters arrived on the scene to find the home totally engulfed in flames. Investigators believe some outdoor cooking equipment was left near a couch on the patio which ignited the fire. The fire traveled up the back patio wall and into the attic. All the residents were able to escape unharmed. Red Cross was called out to assist the family.