1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFB-TV, 844 Government St. Baton Rouge, LA 70802 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 5am April 16, 2013 and ends at 10pm May 6, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. Entries must be received by 10pm May 6, 2013. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of all Louisiana Parishes and Mississippi counties.
All Louisiana winners must be 18 years of age. All residents of Mississippi must be 21 years of age. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFB Holdings their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Multiple entries will be accepted.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 5am April 16, 2013 and ending at 10pm May 6, 2013, individuals in 250 words or less, explain why they feel the mother you are nominating should be WAFB-TV's "Magnificent Mom." Those nominated must be Mothers - Biological, Adoptive or Foster Mothers. Entries must discuss the nominated Mother's community service, participation in family activities, charitable work and, if applicable, any other activities that she participates in. Entries must be typed, double-spaced or printed legibly. Entries will be judged on the amount of community service the nominated Mother does, his impact on family, the impact her service has on her community or society generally, and the other activities in which she engages.
The essay must be entrant's own original creation and may not have been published previously, entered in any other contest or won any other award. By entering, the entrant certifies that all representations contained in the entry are true. Entrant may nominate herself. Please include your name, address and telephone number, as well as the name address and telephone number of the father you are nominating with your entry. Mail entries to: "Magnificent Mom," c/o WAFB-TV, 844 Government St. Baton Rouge, LA 70802. Or file electronically on wafb.com/mom. Mail-in and online entries must be postmarked or submitted by electronic mail no later than 10:00 p.m. CST, May 6, 2013. Contest sponsors are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, or mutilated, illegible or incomplete entries. Entrants and nominated mothers must be legal residents of Louisiana and Mississippi. Submissions from minors (under the age of 18) must be accompanied by a permission signature from an adult/legal guardian. Nominated Mothers must have children as a result of the family relationships as stated above.
Employees, members and the families of WAFB-TV and American Factory Direct Furniture, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising, promotion and public relations agencies are not eligible to enter or be selected.
All entries must be received by 10pm May 6, 2013 and become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
4. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s). Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. Prize(s). There are two (2) prizes for this contest. American Factory Direct Furniture will present the winner with a one (1) one-thousand dollar gift certificate to be used at American Factory Direct Furniture and (1) one in-home design consultation provided by American Factory Direct Furniture. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are awarded. Entrant with winning nomination will receive a one (1) one-thousand dollar gift certificate to be used at American Factory Direct Furniture and (1) one in-home design consultation provided by American Factory Direct Furniture.; approximate retail value ("ARV"): $1,000.00.
The ARV (approximate retail value) of the prize is $1,000.00. As a condition of receiving the "Magnificent Award" award, nominated Mother must agree to be interviewed by the media, if requested by Sponsors. (Sponsors are under no obligation to request any of the aforementioned items.) Other terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. In the event the winning entry's "Magnificent Mom" nominee declines the award or any terms, conditions and/or restrictions associated with the award, Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify the nominee and to award the "Magnificent Mom" award to the nominee of the next best entry.
Winner will be chosen by the judging panel consisting of representatives from WAFB-TV and American Factory Direct Furniture. Decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be contacted via the information entered. Winners will receive a winning confirmation message and instruction on how to claim their prize pack. This prize must be claimed by June 29, 2013 from WAFB-TV 844 Government St. Baton Rouge, LA 70802.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Prize winners will receive a confirmation message through the method in which they entered or provided contact information. WAFB.com entrants will receive a prize winning confirmation email to the registered email address. A winner must take possession of prize before 5pm on Friday, June 29th or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFB-TV Channel 9 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFB-TV Channel 9 if WAFB-TV Channel 9 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFB-TV Channel 9, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFB-TV Channel 9. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFB-TV Channel 9 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFB-TV 844 Government St. Baton Rouge, LA 70802 between May 10, 2013 and June 29, 2013.