Fire destroys storage room, firefighters save rest of home - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Fire destroys storage room, firefighters save rest of home

Posted: Updated:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Authorities said an electrical problem caused a fire that destroyed a storage room in a home, but responding firefighters were able to save the rest of the house.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the fire sparked at a home in the 10000 block of Red Oak Drive around 8:30 a.m.

Investigators said the electrical malfunction happened in the storage room. It was fully engulfed in flames when firemen arrived on the scene.

Fire crews were able to stop the flames from spreading to the bedrooms, so the family is still able to live in the home.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow