Fire sparks in garbage can under carport - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Fire sparks in garbage can under carport

Posted: Updated:
BAKER, LA (WAFB) -

Firefighters say they arrived on the scene of a house fire to find two people trying to put it out with garden hoses.

The Baker Fire Department said the fire sparked under the carport at a home on McHugh Road in Baker Tuesday morning.

Assistant Fire Chief John "Bubba" Champagne reported firemen were able to put out the fire in about 15 minutes. He added it is believed the fire started in a garbage can under the carport.

A woman renting the home who was inside when the fire started made it out safely. There were no injuries reported.

The American Red Cross also responded to the scene.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow