Blackened Redfish Laffite - by La. Bayou Bistro
2-8 oz. Redfish Fillets
1/4 lb. melted butter
Blackening seasoning, as needed
1. In a cast iron skillet, or a nonstick skillet, put on stove on medium high heat. While skillet is getting hot, dredge the redfish in melted butter and season both sides with blackening seasoning.
2. Put fish in hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish is done.
3. Put on a plate and ladle sauce over half of the fish.
Crab and lemon butter sauce
1 cup white wine
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper
4 oz. Jumbo lump crabmeat
2 oz. butter cubes (cold)
1. In a sauté skillet, over high heat, add the wine and reduce by half volume.
2. Add the garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Bring up to a hard boil and add crabmeat and butter cubes.