Saturday, May 18 2013 11:59 PM EDT2013-05-19 03:59:26 GMT
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. The victim told investigatorsMore >>
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. More >>
It's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials...More >>
Some lucky person walked into a Publix supermarket in suburban Florida over the past few days and bought a ticket now worth an estimated $590.5 million - the highest Powerball jackpot in history.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 9:39 PM EDT2013-05-19 01:39:50 GMT
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not life-threatening. The accidentMore >>
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 7:41 PM EDT2013-05-17 23:41:51 GMT
The director of the East Baton Rouge Companion Animal Alliance admits her city-parish shelter messed up big time Friday."We take full responsibility," Beth Brewster, CAA director "CAA takes full responsibilityMore >>
The director of the East Baton Rouge Companion Animal Alliance admits her city-parish shelter messed up big time Friday.More >>
At the corner of Plank Rd. and Scenic Highway sits a Chevron gas station. It's off I-110 near Memorial Stadium. Around 10 p.m.Sunday, a family stopped here to get gas. "Upon our arrival, we located threeMore >>
A man said he, his wife and his daughter were all punched because they were in the "wrong neighborhood" when they stopped to get gas at night. More >>
BROWNSVILLE, TN -
(WMC-TV) - Seven people were inside a 100-year-old house on Windrow Road in Brownsville when fire broke out.
The family inside made it out alive thanks to a 6-year-old boy.
Taylor Hendrix was up late playing X-Box at his grandparents house around 4 a.m. Saturday when fire erupted inside.
"It started in the attic and came down the chimney," Hendrix said.
"He came in there and he was screaming papa, papa the house is on fire," said his grandmother, Paula Brown.
Brown and her husband, Mike, were all inside the burning house, along with five of their grandchildren.
When little Taylor woke them up, they quickly ran outside.
"Lost everything...everything we own," added Mike.
Brown used a water hose behind the house to try and put the fire out. But, it was too involved.
"Thank God he was up. He's my little hero. That's my tater-bug," the boy's grandmother said.
As a tree next to the house continued to smolder, Taylor and his family looked at the damage for the first time.
"It happened so quick, seven minutes, maybe 10 at the most...it was all done," Mike Brown said.
Brown is a meter reader in the city of Brownsville.
He says city employees and many local churches are pitching in to help them rebuild.
"Everything's gone. Gotta move on. Can't live in the past...pick up and start over again," Mike explained.
As this family tries to move on, they say they will be forever thankful.
"My grandson saved my life. He most certainly did," said Paula.
If you'd like to reach out and help Mike and Paula Brown, you can reach their family by calling 731-443-2882.