BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Three generations of family are trying to pick up the pieces after a fire destroyed their home.
It sparked in the 8800 block of Pecue Lane on Jan. 31 around 10:15 a.m. The home where Shareeka West lived with her children and mother was a total loss. Ten people lived in the home.
The grandmother was able to save a few family pictures. Family members are now scattered between several hotel rooms, as they plan out what is next.
"My son told me he would help me a little bit," said West. "A lot of people say they would help a little bit. But, you know how it is sometimes. They have their own problems."
Many people have expressed the desire to lend assistance to the family. If you have any donations, they can be dropped off at 8760 Pecue Lane. It is the home of a relative of the victims.