Firefighters revive dog after house caught fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters revive dog after house caught fire

Posted: Updated:
AVONDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

Two dogs had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire started in the kitchen of an Avondale home.

Avondale firefighters were able to get two people plus two dogs out of the Avondale home located at 1421 S. 107th Dr.

Firefighters were able to revive one of the small dogs using a fido bag to give the dog oxygen. The second dog passed away from smoke inhalation.

Avondale firefighters are investigating how the fire started.

Local fire departments use fido bags to give oxygen to pets involved with house fires and according to the Fetch Foundation not all fire departments are equipped with the life-saving tool.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow