Family displaced after Friday night fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Family displaced after Friday night fire

A family has been displaced after a fire tore through their home Friday night.  The fire happened in the 7400 block of Vice President Street, just before 9:30 pm.

Firefighters arrived on the scene to find flames burning through the roof of the home.  They were able to get the fire under control just after 10:00 pm but the home suffered extensive damage to the kitchen, den, and dining areas. Fire investigators say they believe the fire was a result of a pot left on the kitchen stove.

There were no injuries reported in the fire.  Red Cross was called to assist the family displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly