Electrical fire causes minor damage to outreach center - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Electrical fire causes minor damage to outreach center

Posted: Updated:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Fire officials report an electrical fire caused a little damage to a building early Monday morning.

It sparked at a church outreach center in the 2000 block of Birch Street in Baton Rouge just before 5 a.m.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department said it got the fire under control around 6:45 a.m.

Firefighters said they had to wait until Entergy shut all power to the building before they could put out all of the flames.

BRFD said when firefighters arrived at the scene they found a small fire in the attic.

They investigated and that's when they determined the electricity was still on. They then contacted Entergy.

Meanwhile, they kept a close watch over the flames and stopped any spreading until they could get in and put it out.

Officials said the fire caused minimal damage to the building.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow