Tuesday, June 18 2013 5:12 PM EDT2013-06-18 21:12:52 GMT
A 13-year-old boy was arrested and charged with second degree murder after his 5-year-old sister died Sunday. Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Detectives say the boy admitted to practicing "WWE" moves on theMore >>
A 13-year-old boy was arrested and charged with second degree murder after his 5-year-old sister died Sunday. Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Detectives say the boy admitted to practicing "WWE" moves on the girl, even after she told him that she was in pain.More >>
Tuesday, June 18 2013 4:10 PM EDT2013-06-18 20:10:44 GMT
WWL-TV reports there has been a possible explosion in Washington Parish early Tuesday morning. The station stated on its website officials are on their way to the town of Isabel to investigate. According toMore >>
There was a gas line explosion early Tuesday morning, according to Washington Parish Sheriff Randy Seal. The gas fire is out, but trees in the area are still burning. More >>
Tuesday, June 18 2013 10:36 AM EDT2013-06-18 14:36:47 GMT
Louisiana State Police reports I-10 East is closed at Whiskey Bay on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge due to multiple crashes. Traffic on I-10 East is being diverted onto I-49 North.Drivers trying to get toMore >>
Louisiana State Police said I-10 East was closed for a while Tuesday morning due to multiple crashes near Whiskey Bay on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge.More >>
Tuesday, June 18 2013 12:18 PM EDT2013-06-18 16:18:50 GMT
A man accused of stealing air conditioners was arrested on theft and drug charges Monday. Johnny Williams Jr., 34, of Hammond, faces charges of felony theft and possession of marijuana. The Tangipahoa ParishMore >>
A man accused of stealing air conditioners was arrested on theft and drug charges Monday. Witnesses said they saw him take the units. More >>
Tuesday, June 18 2013 11:37 AM EDT2013-06-18 15:37:41 GMT
Sheriff's deputies are asking for the public's help in finding a suspected rapist. The Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office reported Justo Venegas, 31, is wanted on a charge of forcible rape. Chief DeputyMore >>
Sheriff's deputies are asking for the public's help in finding a suspected rapist. He is wanted for forcible rape involving a girl. More >>
HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -
A New Haven-based attorney has officially withdrawn a $100 million lawsuit against the state on behalf of two Sandy Hook Elementary School parents.
Attorney Irving Pinsky filed the original claim on Jan. 2 and previously told Eyewitness News that Connecticut "did not do enough to provide for their safety," referring to the children at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
On Dec. 14, Adam Lanza, 20, shot and killed his mother while she slept at her home before he went to Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 children and six adults. He killed himself as police made their way into the building.
Pinsky, who has more than 20 years of personal injury experience, previously told Eyewitness News that Connecticut as well as other states are "failing to protect the children from guns."
"My intention in the whole matter is to stop the violence in the schools, which can be done," he previously said.
Attorney General George Jepsen's office previously released a statement, in which he said that he was "aware of no facts or legal theory under which the state of Connecticut should be liable for causing the harms inflicted at Sandy Hook Elementary School."
"The proposed lawsuit is utterly groundless," Jepsen, who would defend the state in a potential lawsuit, previously told Eyewitness News Tuesday. "The facts don't support the contention the state somehow showed neglect."
Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.