1 1/3 lbs ground sirloin
1 tbsp. Worchestershire
handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
1 shallot or onion, minced
1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
Extra Virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Steak seasoning, or coarse salt and black pepper
4 crusty rolls, split
Romaine lettuce leaves
Blue cheese dressing
- Combine first four ingredients and divide meat into four equal amounts.
- When forming each patty, nestle a pile of blue cheese crumbles into the center of the meat, and gently form a patty around the cheese.
- Brush or drizzle burgers with extra virgin olive and apply steak seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Grill on indoor electric on each side. On an outdoor grill, cook 6 minutes on each side, 6 inches from hot coals or over medium-high gas flame with the grill lid closed. (for preparation with no additional oil, broil 4 inches from broiler 7 minutes on each side.)
- Serve burgers on split rolls with lettuce, tomato and blue cheese dressing.