Two campers die in Claiborne Parish - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Two campers die in Claiborne Parish

CLAIBORNE PARISH, LA (KSLA) -

Claiborne Parish Sheriff Ken Bailey reports on Monday the deaths of two people who are thought to have died Sunday of carbon monoxide poisoning while in a pop-up camper.

Paul Pitts, 50, and Linda Scott, 47 were pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities say they fell asleep and never woke up.

Bailey says they got a call at 3 p.m. on Sunday that two people died of carbon monoxide poisoning while they were in a pop-up camper that was inside a metal building.

The cause, Bailey says, was a generator that was used for electricity for an electric heater. The generator was inside the building.

The incident occurred on Sunday in Summerfield.

Both bodies have been taken to Little Rock for autopsy.

Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Driver sought in crash that killed three children

    Driver sought in crash that killed three children

    Sunday, March 26 2017 2:11 AM EDT2017-03-26 06:11:41 GMT
    File photoFile photo

    The Mississippi Highway Patrol is looking for a driver who ran away from the scene of a deadly crash in George County. Three children were killed in the crash. Troopers said a green 2003 Kia Optima was heading east on Highway 198, east of Depot Road, shortly before 4 p.m. on Saturday.

    More >>

    The Mississippi Highway Patrol is looking for a driver who ran away from the scene of a deadly crash in George County. Three children were killed in the crash. Troopers said a green 2003 Kia Optima was heading east on Highway 198, east of Depot Road, shortly before 4 p.m. on Saturday.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly