At the corner of Plank Rd. and Scenic Highway sits a Chevron gas station. It's off I-110 near Memorial Stadium. Around 10 p.m.Sunday, a family stopped here to get gas. "Upon our arrival, we located threeMore >>
A man said he, his wife and his daughter were all punched because they were in the "wrong neighborhood" when they stopped to get gas at night. More >>
Sunday, May 19 2013 10:37 PM EDT2013-05-20 02:37:45 GMT
An 11-year-old boy is in critical condition after being hit by a car on Perkins Road near Seigen Lane Sunday morning.The accident happened around 11:30am not far from Siegen Lane. State Police investigatorsMore >>
An 11-year-old boy is in critical condition after being hit by a car on Perkins Road near Siegen Lane Sunday morning.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 11:59 PM EDT2013-05-19 03:59:26 GMT
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. The victim told investigatorsMore >>
A man was shot in the leg Saturday night inside of BREC's Hooper Road Park, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not considered life-threatening. More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:37 AM EDT2013-05-17 15:37:38 GMT
MANOR, TX (KEYE/CBS) – A weapons company began this week rolling out a groundbreaking "smart" rifle that can target and track a moving object from long distance. Trackingpoint began shipping the guns toMore >>
The rifle is precision guided with "lock and launch" technology similar to a fighter jet.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 9:39 PM EDT2013-05-19 01:39:50 GMT
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office. The injury is not life-threatening. The accidentMore >>
A 12-year-old boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother in the shoulder Saturday afternoon.More >>
DARROW, LA (WAFB) -
Fire investigators said they believe they know what started a deadly Christmas Eve blaze.
Officials said it looks like the fire started in an appliance near the living room couch.
Two young children perished when flames consumed a trailer late Sunday night into early Monday morning.
Investigators said Dimani Elder, 6, and Kevin Porter, 4, were asleep when the fire sparked just before midnight in the community of Darrow.
Their mother and two older sisters barely made it out alive.
A relative who lives next door tried to rescue the two boys, but couldn't get to them in time.
"I went to the back window and tried to get him out of there," said Lindsay Lucas, the boys' uncle. "I ripped the air conditioner out, but I couldn't get in there. The smoke was too bad."
The firefighters of the Fifth Ward Volunteer Fire Department are accepting donations at the Darrow Fire Station on LA 22.